We're on a staycation this week. Instead of traveling someplace, we have opted to stay home. Luckily we live where many people travel to vacation anyway, so why not just stay home and do what the tourists do? From the picture you can see my husband is not doing anything too rambunctious and my daughter and grandson are happy to soak up the sun after a very cool Pacific Northwest winter. (This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago - but you get the picture...)
Staycations have many advantages:
- No X-rays or pat downs by creepy TSA agents.
- You can bank the money you save.
- You know where the best hamburger for the price is located.
- You are comfortable in bed - no need to haul your pillow everywhere you go.
- You've already located the best beach.
- Going out for a really nice dinner is okay when that is all you're spending for the week.
- You have all the right clothes in your closet. Nothing is forgotten.
Now, I realize it doesn't take the place of an exciting two weeks somewhere wonderful, but the way things are going in the world right now, home feels pretty good to me.
- Oh, and you can take your dog!
What about you? What are your vacation plans?