Wednesday, May 20, 2009

About Me? A Bit Boring..


I received this award from CrazyChris from Here, There and Everywhere, and I thank her very much! She lives in Spain and shares wonderful scenes from her part of the world.

I will admit that while I appreciate all the awards and meme's sent to me, I don't always do them. Most of the time I am just too busy to do all the cutting and pasting, or I am posting on some other subject. So, please know that I love you all - and feel lucky to have the thoughts of all of you that think of me.



So this one is "Your blog is as deer to me as cupcakes" and the rules are:
  • Respond and rework
  • Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question of your own invention
  • Add one additional question
  1. What is your current obsession? That would be blogging!
  2. Where are you right now? In my bedroom, in my favorite chair, looking out at the stream outside my window.
  3. Coffee or tea? Or something stronger?  Both. Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon.
  4. What is one of your favorite movies? Love Actually
  5. What is one thing you are looking forward to? My daughter's college graduation next month.
  6. Who was your childhood crush? I had many.
  7. What is your current favorite song? "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney - it is oh, so, true!
  8. What would you like to get rid of? That spare tire around my waist.
  9. What's your favorite book? Hard one - I have so many! Probably "Gone With The Wind".
  10. Why did you start your blog? To start writing again.
  11. If money was not an issue, what is one thing you would purchase for yourself? I have always dreamed of a house right on the lake with a dock.
  12. If you could live in a foreign country, which one would it be? At this point Victoria, BC.
  13. What is the one trait about yourself you wish you could change? Well, there are a few, but it would be anger towards what has happened in our country, and for the people I feel are responsible.
  14. Tipple of choice? That would be tequila!
  15. What is one trait about yourself that you are proud of? I usually see the beauty in people.
  16. What is your wish for the future? That everyone will begin to respect and love each other and the planet.
Now you are supposed to tag five people for the award, but I can never choose. So feel free to take this award and pass it on. Have fun with it!

18 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Great meme and enjoyed the answers. You really find out a lot about someone from these. I chuckled at some and others provoked some thinking...always dangerous with me! Hope your day is spectacular and I'll have a wee bit of the tequilla now.

TheChicGeek said...

What a cute award! You deserve it!

It was fun hearing your answers and getting to know you better :D

Have a Happy Day!

CrazyCris said...

Ouch tequila! Results in some dangerous "day after"... :p

Alicia is right, these things do open up a window into fellow bloggers. Victoria BC? Been there, don't remember much. But I have family in Vancouver and it's on my list of places I'd love to return to! Plus the closeness of the Rockies to the coast... great combination!

It was nice reading this!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I LOVE Gone With The Wind!!
And I hear ya on the tequila girl........lol

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Sniffles and Smiles said...

I'm here to give you another award... I've nominated you for the Noblesse Oblige Award... visit my blog to pick it up! Congrats...you certainly fit the award's description! I'm proud to know you. ~Janine XO

Joanne said...

Congrats on receiving the Award, much deserved. Hm, do cupcakes come with it?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award. You deserve it!

I love "Gone With the Wind" also.

Verily I go. said...

Good Grief Girl. Congratulations my dear on your award and you are nothing of boring. Kindness and caring, I love reading you. You have helped me mucho, thank you. Tequila!!?? I could wish to see you giggle. *v*`

lolit said...

it's ok don't worry we udnerstand you, and we love you too, we always appreciate what you write. we get boring

Mark Kreider said...

You've been given a blogging award. Visit my blog to pick it up!

Crow said...

Always nice to know a few more things about you. Victoria is a nice city and lovely too but my favorite answer was your last. I wish that too.

Marguerite said...

Congratulations on all of your awards, LOL! You deserve all of those and more. I can think of a lot of adjectives to describe you, like intelligent, kind, compassionate, considerate, open-minded, but NEVER boring! A Margarita sounds good!

Anonymous said...

I really loved your answers. And I answered the questions in my own blog, too. To be honest, I copied one of your answers because it was really nice. will you take a look at it?

Unknown said...

very good and a great play on words ! I am not good with awards and memes either but someone keeps coming up with them xx

Natalie said...

Gone With the Wind for me too, Lol! It is such a shame you live so far away, I reckon we could have a very happy time together. :D xx♥

Oh, and many congrats! You know I think you are wonderful.Yes?

The Good Cook said...

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. Tequila? I would have never guessed! LOL. Congrat's on the award.

ps. The anger part... the best husband and I share that sentiment. Hopefully the country is now on the right track but we are still seething about the destruction and the time and money it will take to make it right again.

Swetha said...

congrats dear!!

your answers are funny and wonderful!!

Adiya said...

Nice! I like - a little sneak peak into Lover or Life :o)

Something funny?- i've never read or watched Gone with the Wind :o(