Saturday, July 10, 2010

7 Secrets of Synchronicity



I've finished 7 Secrets, and as is my policy to pass on information that could be useful to some of you, here is my review:

As some of you may know, I met the MacGregors while they were doing the research for this book. They were just starting their blog, and had put a Goggle Alert for the word "synchronicity." Up popped my blog with this post. We later met for lunch while we were all in the Columbia River Gorge area. They were in Hood River on vacation, and we were in Portland visiting our children. So I have been looking forward to the outcome of their hard work for some time.

I was not disappointed. It is well-researched and well-written. Using anecdotal stories, many from bloggers, the book helps you to realize how the world is so much more than we ever believed it to be. That blogging in itself, may be synchronicity at work in a very powerful way. How often have you found information from blogs that you may have been seeking, or needing and didn't realize it, until you read it on a blog?

The seven secrets of synchronicity, as explained in this book, breaks down the components of synchronicity. Explaining what it is, how it works, how to recognize it in your own life, and more importantly, how to have more of it! Understanding what it is enables the individual to live on a deeper level, more in tuned to their environment, other people, and other living creatures. This book shows us how to recognize the incredible interconnectedness we all share, and how to respect it.

I also enjoyed the "Divining Synchronicity" section of the book. I have always been very curious about I Ching and Tarot cards, but didn't really understand how they work, and how they can be a useful tool in everyday life. Now that I'm past my grandmother's voice telling me all things divining are the devil's work, I can follow my instincts regarding energy, consciousness, and connection. So I have ordered a brand new set of Tarot cards. I'll keep you updated on my new adventure.

I believe the human being is going through an evolution. I think that these ways of "knowing" will someday be the norm and what we feel to be cutting edge will one day be archaic. But for now, this book will appeal to those who feel as I do - the world is changing and so are we. It's time to embrace the  paradigms of the future.

24 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Nancy, many thanks! That was a good lunch, too, wasn't it? And wonderful company.

Natalie said...

I can't wait to get my copy. Might go back into town today and have another look. :)

Brian Miller said...

intriguing...so its available on amazon? their blog?

Reya Mellicker said...

All interconnections are highlighted this summer, due to the crazy happenings going on in the sky ... or maybe the sky is simply in synchronicity with all these big paradigm shifts. Who knows?

I miss you, Nancy. xx

DJan said...

Okay, I went to the Village Bookstore for this one and they didn't have it. They could order it, though, and now I'm gonna let them do that! It sounds really right down my alley, as they say.

Jayne Martin said...

Sounds interesting. There sure is a whole lot of crazy crap going on in the world right now. Any insight would be appreciated. I'll pick it up.

Nancy said...

Natalie & Brian - Amazon has it, that's where I got my copy.

Reya - Me too! Come to Tahoe this summer!

DJan - I think you will like it. It reads fast, and some of the blogging stories are blogs that we both follow, I think.

Jayne - No doubt. We can use all the help we can get!

gayle said...

I want to get the book too but I also would love to know more!!

Nancy said...

gayle - Visit their blog - Synchronicity - found on my blog roll. They share stories of synchronicity and you can feel free to share your own!

L'Adelaide said...

thanks for a great review...the book sounds interesting extremely....and congrats on susan's painting...talk about synchronicity... also have done the iching and tarot, still pull my cards and have found the cards to be more telling for "me"... good luck, you will find it enlightening..
xoxo

Sarah Lulu said...

I am also a huge believer in synchronicity!

Butternut Squash said...

Wonderful Review Nancy! I recently finished reading 7 Secrets of Synchronicity and loved it. For me it really appealed as a creative tool. Their book really does help you to find what ever it is that you are looking for, even if you have no idea what that might be.

luksky said...

I'll add it to my very long reading list. :-)

California Girl said...

I'll be curious to hear what you learn from Tarot cards. I think they are fun on line and when someone else does them but I've never taken any of that seriously. However, when I have a good astrology reading in the paper (now online) I believe it. LOL.

Interesting you met them while they were researching. It's also interesting they base their bookk on bloggers stories, if I'm understanding you correctly. One could research many angles about the interconnectedness of bloggers. I find myself looking for new blogs, usually via Blogs of Note or links and yet, when I visit their sites, I see other bloggers following them whom I already read. I suppose this isn't a real big coincidence, i.e., they found the blog the same way I did. But I seem to be drawn consistently to blogs that other bloggers I like are drawn to.

kenju said...

I will look for that one!

The Good Cook said...

Nancy - I have Tarot cards and many years ago regularly 'read' them. Thanks for reminding me, I know I still have them and though I'm sure I'm rusty I may just begin doing daily readings again. Let me know how you fare with yours, perhaps we can collaborate?

ds said...

How interesting. I do believe there is incredible synchronicity in Blogworld (one of my favorite blogs--and best bloggy buddies--is Ruth's synch-ro-ni-zing).
We humans may be changing, but we'd better hurry up before we destroy our planet! Will look for this book, however. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I will put it on my summer reading list.

Rob-bear said...

Tonight, another person and I logged into a special web site at the same time. Synchroncity. We shard a few mundane experiences from our lives (what we ate, what we did). I logged out.

The significance of this synchronous event is ???

Linda Pendleton said...

Trish and Rob's book sounds like a great read. I love the synchronicity of life. And I agree that often it shows up in the Blog World....

Nancy said...

linda - I know! The synchronicity of the painting? How funny.

Sarah - So nice to see your pretty face, Sarah! It's been a while.

Butternut - I agree. They covered quite a bit of territory. It answered many questions I have had regarding synchronicity and also divining.

luksky - Mine keeps getting longer by the day, too.

California - I think we are drawn to bloggers that have similar wold views or interests that we do, so I often see the same people reading the blogs I like. It feels like a little community. Much more so than in "real" life whereby I have absolutely zero friends that read the same things as I do, or have the same world views. But I have many in the blogging world. That can't be a coincidence.

kenju - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Good Cook - Love to! :-)

ds - I love Ruth's blog, too. I agree about the planet, although sometimes I think we've gone too far already, we just haven't seen the results yet.

Sink - So nice to see you! Let me know what you think about the book.

Rob-bear - Maybe that you had the same idea at the same time. As for mundane exchanges - that's probably why I don't do Facebook or Twitter. Some exchanges of information is just not interesting to me. LOL!

Linda - Yes, I think the blog world is a rich environment for synchronicity.

Land of shimp said...

What fun, yes there is so much more to the world around us than we understand, isn't there? It sounds like a fun book and a good read.

I can read Tarot cards, but haven't in years, not for any particular reason, it just hasn't felt right in a long time.

Now, you might not find this to be true, but I always did. I had a lot more success with blessed decks. It's not hard to do, and some people will tell you it isn't necessary. Really, it's a good idea, I think.

Here's a link on how to bless a deck: http://www.goddessflight.com/articles/tarot1.html just in case you're interested.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Great review. I'm looking forward to reading their book. I too, think that one day this cutting edge thinking will be the norm.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Nancy, This is very interesting. I'm definitely going to explore it a bit.