Thursday, September 10, 2009

Moonlight Award


I am often very bad at acknowledging awards. For this I apologize, because I am always appreciative of your thoughtfulness in giving them to me. I forget because I'm off on some tangent, or I misplace them, which happened with the last one (Heart Award). Sorry!

With that being said, I received one from a new blog I've been following that is filled with wonderful peeks into the lives of those living sophisticated European lifestyles. A beautiful and unusual blog, Celeste of Into The Moonlight is a painter, and created an award with the blogs that she enjoys in mind. I have also received this one from Harrad of Access denied - living with MS, who passed it along to me. Herrad is a thoroughly intelligent, thoughtful blogger, dealing with a devastating illness with courage and love. Thank you, both.

The award is very unusual and beautiful. It is the culmination of several sketches that were inspired by the blogs she has enjoyed since she began blogging, three months ago.

MOONLIGHT

"Moonlight in this case represents the glorious brain-sharpening, mood-enhancing experience one feels when reading or seeing something inspirational in other blogs. Something that sets the tone for the rest of your day, puts a smile on your face, stimulates your work, or makes you feels awesome about life. It is not often one feels wonderful. But some days, some blogs do just that.

I want to give “moonlights” to all the special blogs I encounter.

There are no obligations attached to the recognition. But if you feel like it, you can pass it on to whoever has also given you that something special, what in Spanish they call “eso”, or “it”. Whatever “it” is that lifts your spirits and helps you to up your mental game."


Since I can never choose between the blogs I read, I would like to pass it along to all of you. You inspire me, every single one of you, to grow, learn, appreciate, love, forgive, and most of all to keep writing. To keep following my dream, even on days when it seems impossible. It's your comments that motivate, that makes the impossible seem doable. And for that I thank you, all of you. We are One in this world, and no where is that more so than the blogging community.

I know exactly what Celeste meant when she said "eso" or "it", and believe me, you all have it.

16 comments:

The Good Cook said...

What a lovely post. What a lovely award. And well deserved I might add. You are an inspiration as well as a gifted, thoughtful writer.

Herrad said...

Hi Nancy,
A lovely post.
Love,
Herrad

Pat said...

Congratulations on a beautiful award. You are deserving of it.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Congratulations Nancy - so well deserved. What a beautiful award - the moon is simply luminous!

Lori ann said...

I love the moon and an award to go with it?! wow. All those words that represent this award were certainly written with you in mind.
Have a lovely thursday Nancy!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

The artwork is lovely and the award is deserved.

ellen abbott said...

Well, you certainly fit the requirement. congratulations.

Sylvia said...

That's brilliant. Congratulations!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Oh, Nancy, you inspire us all. I love the art work, too. Have you noticed that we all seem to lift each other up? Friendship comes in many forms.

JeannetteLS said...

Such a kind and beautiful concept of an award, and because you've highlighted it, many will visit her blog to be inspired. And the award was given to a recipient who deserves it. Thank you for YOUR inspiration here. Is it just me, or do others agree that blogspot draws very kind, creative people? Seems that way to me. The artwork is beautiful...

Rosaria Williams said...

lOVELY AWARD. CONGRATULATIONS.

Brian Miller said...

congrats on the award...very cool picture to go with it. keep bringing the moonlight!

TheChicGeek said...

What a beautiful award, Nancy. You deserve it! You are always inspiring and a treat to visit!

I love her artwork! I am heading to her blog right now! So beautiful!

Have a Wonderful Day!

Verily I go. said...

Oh Nancy this is so beautiful. Beautiful art and so beautifully gifted. You are so cherished. I will have "moonlights" thank you to see every day.

DJan said...

You're the best, Nancy. This is so beautiful and you are so deserving. Not only are your posts profound, but they are often humorous, and can be read by moonlight.

Celeste Maia said...

I feel so honored with your posting about the award. Sorry, I had some health problems these last 2 days, so I have not come to the other blogs. How happy you have made me, thank you!