Much has been written on this interesting man, so I will keep this post just to a few of his actual prophecies. The one thing that he referred to over and over was man's free will. He felt nothing was etched in stone, that could not be changed by going in a different direction. He was a deeply religious man, and remained so throughout his lifetime. Here then, are seven prophecies that came true, and seven that have yet to materialize. You can decide for yourself what to believe or what not to believe. This is merely food for thought.
SEVEN PROPHECIES THAT CAME TRUE
- Stock Market Crash of 1929 (reading was in 1925)
- WWII (reading was in 1935)
- Shifting of the earth's poles (reading in 1936) - (See Nova's program entitled "Magnetic Storm")
- Convergence of Communications Companies (reading in 1929) - (mergers have occurred)
- There was a Community of People Called the Essenes (reading in 1942) - Texts attributed to the then little-known sect called the "Essenes" discovered with the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947.
- Blood as a Diagnostic Tool (reading in 1927) - Once considered the stuff of science fiction.
- La Nina and El Nino Effect (reading in 1926) - A connection between temperature of deep water currents and weather.
SEVEN FUTURE PROPHECIES
- Will our lifespans of human beings be extended? (reading in 1926) Cayce saw human beings living far beyond what we are living now - which is an extension way beyond what people were living during his lifetime. Some have interpreted his readings as people dying when they were ready to move on.
- WWIII - (reading in 1941) - Conflict in the Persian Gulf - Cayce talked about "strife in Libya, Egypt, Ankara, Syria through the straits above Australia, in the Indian Ocean and Persian Gulf". With all that is going on in the Middle East, would anyone be surprised?
- Will we discover the design for a self-fueling perpetual-motion machine? (reading 1928) Yes, "once started, it would be kept in motion by created energy of it's own source". Could this be something that emerges from the Green Revolution?
- A new field of science will be developed based on a psychic/spiritual phenomenon. (reading 1939) One suggestion was that this might be based on Near Death Experiences, or NDE's.
- China will become a Christian nation - (reading 1943) It is felt Cayce based this on Gnostic Christianity, (different from traditional or modern Christianity). "Personal applications of the spiritual would become paramount to the Chinese people." Now that religion is no longer outlawed in China, who knows? He also saw the height of civilization moving from the West to China.
- Will the Three Halls of Records be discovered? (reading 1932) "According to the readings the people of Atlantis became aware that their civilization was about to be destroyed. As a result they hid identical records of Atlantean civilization in Bimini, Egypt, and the Yucatan." It is these records that will be discovered.
- Is a new "root race" evolving? (reading 1942) Edgar Cayce information suggests that our consciousness has expanded and evolved over time, discussed throughout the Bible. He felt the "next great evolution would be tied to a new 'fifth root race', and would come about through personal soul development in order to resonate to that new evolutionary occurrence - New Age - a new understanding of humanity's relationship to God."