Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Book

I think I have found the premise of my book. I have messed around with different ideas, and today, while talking with one of our workman, it dawned on me. What am I good at? What really makes me animated and involved when I'm doing or discussing it? In other words - what really engages and excites me? This has been the question I have been messing with for quite some time. It was during a conversation with one of our workers on how to attract the right mate, that it came to me. The information I gave him was based on years of education, and lots of living. In other words, I realized that I have lots to offer in this way. I KNOW what scientists say about attraction between men and women, I KNOW what goes into attraction and what really works long term. I've been married for 28 years and still love my husband. Hopefully he feels the same way - he appears to. But most of all, it came easily. And that, my friend, is when you know it is what you were meant to do in this world. It flowed. And that is what I should have realized long ago. I am going to write a book based on how people need to look at where they are in their lifespan and where their potential mate is in their lifespan.  For example; men who look for women in their 30's, when they are in their late 40's, are always shocked when the women they are dating put their children first, or change their mind and want children. But that is exactly what they are supposed to do. It is where they are in their lifespan. The man is not going to be the most important person in her life, and he is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE. But how many men do you know who are always shocked and dismayed, when push comes to shove, and their girlfriend takes her children's side over theirs? Anyway, I think I am ready to start really getting down to business. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds really interesting, actually! Although I am not sure I want to know what you have to say about MY marriage. :/

Jo-Mama said...

Love the concept and can't wait for more content. You are on the something for sure. Especially if all your experience and education come together on this ageless topic of the centuries.

Rose said...

Not sure what to say to say, other than, "Love is love no matter how it comes packaged." I have been with the same person for 28 years and you are so right, it flowed. Do not limit yourself to just men and women please. Go for it...attraction is an interesting topic.