Friday, May 28, 2010

Last LOST Episode



Okay, so I've been trying to catch up on all of the LOST episodes and just got to the finale last night. I know I'm lame as this has been discussed everywhere since last week. But bear with me, as I haven't read any of your blogs, nor anything on the internet.

Here is my take: All of the cast of LOST were souls who incarnated together to work out karmic issues. They created a scenario in which to do that. Thus the plane crash. All sorts of karmic events took place that included good, evil, anger, patience, etc. (I've read that souls incarnate in groups usually between 25 and 250 people. )

The last episode is the gathering of all the souls that had incarnated together. Jack's father saying some had died before Jack, and some many years later. Desmond was gathering everyone, as the last had died and it was time to reunite and "go into the light." The light being eternal consciousness.

Most everyone was happy. At some point during the show they each had made a choice between good and evil, anger, patience, etc. They had each one put another before themselves or otherwise made an altruistic choice.

Linus didn't join the group because he felt he had failed (joining the black smoke to kill Whidmore and his assistant), or because he still needed more time to assimilate the incarnation. Everyone else was happy with their progress, and were excited to see the other souls that they love dearly, and are part of their soul group.

How'd I do? Fill me in, Lost lovers.

13 comments:

pam said...

I'm not even going to read this post, I think I have 3 of the last episodes dvr'd to get through. I have no idea what is going on, nothing surprises me anymore!

Nancy said...

Pam - Don't read it until you catch up!

CrazyCris said...

You can go read my post on this now Nancy!

But the showrunners have said many times: What happened on the island, happened. Christian told Jack the same thing in the Church.
But your theory would fit right in with the mainline theory for the sideways universe, a kind of "purgatory" where they can work out their issues from their life and wait for each other so they can "move on" together, colelctively as a group because they are all connected.

Jayne Martin said...

Well, damn... Had I known the series was going to be that interesting I might have watched it.

I do believe that all time exists simultaneously.

Nancy said...

Chris - Just read your post - wow you caught things I missed.

Jayne - LOL! It did end well, I thought. As for time - I think the same thing. We have constructed linear time to keep track of things.

Brian Miller said...

ha. i love reading all the theories...and i like your take...

Cloudia said...

Yours is the BEST "take" yet!




Aloha from 'LOST country' Hawaii, Nancy :)

Comfort Spiral

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Lost was all about extreme synchronicity. But it was during the end of season one that I figured they had to all be dead - but then in the last season I revised it. I thought it was about parallel universes - i.e., the many worlds theory of quantum physics. Loved the show even when it didn't make sense.

Midlife Roadtripper said...

You made that sound much too simple. My post on Lost is filled with questions. I'm still trying to figure it out, but now thinking it can be whatever I want it to be.

How glad I am to discover you are a fan as well. I loved the entire series, even though seeing it when it aired has been a problem. Own the first three seasons - need the rest. Enjoyed it immensely.

Jen said...

Pretty good!

The Good Cook said...

I agree all the cast members were dead, but I believe that they were all alive on the island, all dying eventually. The sideways universe, to me, signified "Limbo".. once everyone had died, they all gathered and "went into the light". Linus (Ben) didn't go because he had not worked out all his issues (his daughter and the French woman were still alive).. he had more work to do.

All in all, an interesting, thought provoking 5 years!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

i'm with trish, first and foremost, i loved it even when it didn't make sense - and my first responses were the same too - either/or all dead/parallel universes - but it really didn't matter - it was all spellbinding! sorry to just now be getting over to this post!

37paddington said...

Maybe Ben Linus wasn't part of the Oceanic flight soul group, he just traveled with them for a while. Perhaps his soul group was the Dharma Initiative, and he's waiting for them.

Yes, what happened on the island happened. It was real, but it was still orchestrated by the soul cluster. The sideways world came after, on another plane. It wasn't real in the earthly sense, but it, too, "happened."

I have always loved the idea of soul clusters!