Saturday, December 12, 2009
Good Cook challenged us to all have a little fun. She joined in the fun via Mandy's blog and so it goes... So if you would like to play along, please do. Here are the instructions:
If you're reading this post, then you must:
(a) leave a comment and answer the below 25 questions that Mandy made up,
(b) write the answers to the questions below in your own blog post, if you have a blog, that is.
or (c) call yourself a scrooge in the comment below and refuse to answer them.
I hope you choose (A) or (B) but if you choose (C) then I'll just let the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future deal with you. If you do decide to write your own blog post about it, please mention Mandy since she is the author of these important questions. (Writers credit and all that jazz - thanks!)
(1) What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Love Actually! Hands down, my favorite!
(2) What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie?
The Clamation movies, maybe.
(3) What is your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night. It plays in my mind all during the season for some reason.
(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?
Anything sung by Alvin and the Chipmunks.
(5) What is your favorite Christmas drink? (i.e. egg nog, hot chocolate)
Eggnog and bourbon.
(6) What is your favorite Christmas memory?
When my children were tiny and so very excited, and the time my daughter swore she saw santa outside the window.
(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
My horse - Samanthy - when I was thirteen.
(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
A coo coo clock that my brother actually wanted. ?
(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?
The spirit of giving, in so many ways.
(10) What annoys you about the holidays?
Grumpy attitudes, and lack of Christmas spirit - oh wait, that's two. Oh well.
(11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?
(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?
Cream puffs. But my husband insists it's prime rib, regardless of the fact he is the only one that eats red meat.
(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?
Definitely a Who.
(14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?
Love them! We used to drive around at least once during the holidays to enjoy the houses that went all out on holiday lights.
(15) Santas at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?
Hmmm well, mostly creepy I would have to say. Although I have seen some that are really good.
(16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?
Yes, and my husband always does a letter - which has become famous in our circle.
(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?
The reflection on what is important in our lives.
(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?
Too many, especially children, that do not experience the magic.
(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?
It changes every year when it goes up, but it always comes down after January 2.
(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your true love to give to you?
Two turtle doves - I am becoming a bird freak.
(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
I hate that song.
(22) Who is your favorite reindeer?
Rudolph, of course. He worked the hardest to get what he wanted.
(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus?
(24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime?
Baking - any kind of baking.
(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?
I believe we choose to be happy or not, and I choose happiness. But I would like every person in the world to have a full stomach this Christmas.
So how about you? What makes you happy about the holidays?