We are planning a wonderful evenings with guests. Six, old and comfy friends are coming for dinner and I'm having a great time cooking. Here's the menu:
- Cream cheese w/ "Texas Longhorn Jalapeno Dip Mix"/Crackers (Seriously folks, if you can find this "nectar of the gods", buy a couple of jars - we found it at a little kitchen shop in Truckee, Ca. - it is wonderful on sandwiches or anything you like. It is sort of sweet - almost bread & butter pickle-like but with a bite. Good stuff.)
- Pomegranate Cosmos - Ina G style - i.e. by the pitcher
- Red Wine
- White Wine
- Roasted Caprese Salad - Ina G style - ubiquitous, I know
- Artichokes & Chicken - Hubby style - This is his "signature dish" and he used it to woo me all so long ago. Served over some special pasta.
- Pan-Roasted Root Vegetables - Ina G style -This is wonderful as it includes turnips, carrots, parsnips, celery root, brussel sprouts, celery and fresh thyme. Perfect winter-time fare.
- Garlic Ciabatta Bread - Ina G style - warm bread with lots of garlic, parsley, fresh oregano and butter....can you say "breath mint?"
- Fresh Banana Cake & Fudge Frosting - followed with decaf & tea.
Hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday, as well!