Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh Happy Day


Today we had my grandson's first birthday. It was quite the party. I'm not sure I have ever seen so many doting people on one baby, in my life! He was surrounded, literally, by people who all love him, or at least like him an awful lot. I don't often write of my grandson, as I am never quite sure about a public blog, and who might be reading personal information. But suffice it to say, we are quite taken with him. So .... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BUGGA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! He loves it when everyone sings this to him - he continues to "sing" it to himself long after we have moved on to things like CAKE, and then he laughs quite hardily and opens his mouth big (like all of the mouths he sees when we sing).  He is quite the guy. A big thank you to his Mom and Dad who threw such a great first birthday party for their special little guy. One that we could all enjoy.

2 comments:

California Girl said...

What a beautiful boy! You are so lucky. I will be ancient by the time either of my sons presents me with a grandchild. It must really bring back all the maternal feelings that we, as mothers, harbor. I miss holding a baby. Happiest time of my life. Congratulations!

Jen said...

LOL I definitely have to say that the whole cake thing was a little anti-climactic! Stop singing and just EAT YOUR CAKE CHILD!