Wednesday, March 23, 2011

11:11 - A Cosmic Prompt?



I read two very interesting articles on the 11:11 phenomenon this past week. First and foremost, the 2012 end date of the Mayan Calendar is on many people's mind. I wrote about it here. I also reviewed a book on the subject, which can be found here. But, I came across something even more interesting regarding the 12/21/2012 date. Did you know that at 11:11 UT is exactly when the winter solstice begins on this date? That maybe, it is not the date so much as the time that is of importance, because the Mayans did not refer to the beginning, middle, or end of the galactic alignment. Maybe they were trying to draw our attention to a specific cosmic event, which will occur on that date at that specific time.

Other interesting phenomena occurs with the number 11. For instance, the magnetic field of the Sun operates a cycle of polarity reversals averaging 11.11 years. The entire mass of the black hole at the center of our galaxy spins once every 11 minutes. The attack on the World Trade Center was September 11. I could go on and on.

So what does this all mean? Is it just coincidence?

Many people do not believe it is a coincidence. They see it as a cosmic prompt to wake up and see reality in a new and altered light. Steve Pavlina, in his excellent post on this subject, has suggested a small percentage of people will begin to notice the sequence of 11's more often than chance would indicate. That it might be a backdoor virus inserted through an objective belief system. Once noticed, "it begins to dismantle limiting objective beliefs, gradually supplanting them with a more accurate model of reality." He suggests that the more you try to ignore the 11s, the more insistent they become, demanding your attention, making it difficult to do business as usual, until you finally open your mind to new possibilities. He believes it is a specific frequency of awakening, but that there are others, including other recurring number patterns such as 111, 1234, or 444. That "you experience these events as a repeating glitch in the matrix of reality," jolting you into a higher level of awareness.

So what do you think? Are you one of those people who are seeing 11s everywhere? If so, you may want to read Steve's post, and note the date and time of 12/21/2012 UT on your calendar. After all, it could be a cosmic prompt.

14 comments:

Brian Miller said...

interesting, i wll admit to beiing facinated by it so thanks for sharing the links...and the thought to play with this afternoon...

DJan said...

When I bought my new parachute from friends in December, I asked if they would accept the amount of $1,111 for it, as his asking price was somewhere around $1,200. He accepted, and ever since, 11s are popping up everywhere! I have a friend who is getting married on 11/11/11 as well...

GYPSYWOMAN said...

yes, i had read about the 11:11 winter solstice connection - and find it fascinating - way too too many connections not to be heeded - don't know if you read my comment over at our mutual friend's blog yesterday about 2012 but i mentioned that my g/daughter the day before had asked me if i thought the world would "end" then and that began a discussion about our friends' blog - and my telling her that she should definitely go by and check it out to read more about 2012 etc - and then, yesterday morning, there was the 2012 post - a little synchro in and of itself - and about 2012, i'm rather anxious to see just what it will entail - anxious in a good/curious way -

claudia said...

I always kind of chuckle when I look at the clock to see what time it is. It always seems I look at it at 11 minutes past whatever hour it is.
I am a believer in that life "as we know it" will end. We are already seeing evidence of that. People are starting to become more conscious of their surroundings and what impact we have on them. Some are starting to become more self sufficient, growing their own food, doing their own repairs, mending clothing as oppoed to throwing it away and buying new. I like the changes that are happening.

karen said...

My mom before she passed in 1986 made us aware of 11:11...she was already conscious of it. she felt that it was a veil that was thinning where we would be able to see the other side and still have our feet on this side. We would be able to communicate with the other side when prompted by the 11:11 however you saw it....and it would bring messages as well as get answers to questions. After she was gone we saw it all the time...and continue to see it. I find comfort in it. I'm not sure how it relates to 2012 other than making me more conscious in an effort to bring about a positive change in the world. Thanks for the post on this...it has reminded me to take full advantage of the minute I might get when seeing it to listen carefully to the universes message.

Nancy said...

Brian - Have fun. :-)

DJan - What prompted you to ask that specific price? Did you feel it was a lucky, or safe number? Just curious... What a great day to get married!

Gypsy - I did catch that synchronicity with your granddaughter. Interesting that young people are also talking about 2012, although I guess it is in the popular media. My grandson, age 3, keeps talking about black holes. His mother doesn't know how he knows about black holes, but his other grandparents could have told him about them.

Claudia - I agree, I see people becoming more mindful as well. I do hope it doesn't stop.

Maggie - Be sure to read Steve's blog post - he talks about how 11s can bring the person closer to answers. It sounds like your mother was very tuned in to this period in our history.

Natalie said...

I am a big fan of the old 11....as you know. :D

marie alexius said...

Just finished writing about 11:11. You and I are so on the same frequency, nancy,

Rob-bear said...

I haven't noticed a lot of 11s at all. Maybe it's not a Canadian thing. Besides, I prefer 13 rather than 11. But that would be 11+1+1. So, who knows?

ellen abbott said...

although I'm 'all into that stuff' I don't give numbers/numerology much credence. our numbering system is a man made system that we have imposed on the universe. same with our way of counting time. I imagine if you focused on any set or series of numbers or years you would see them pop out of everywhere.

I also don't find any significance in thoughts and posts about 2012 popping up. there's so much media out there touting it that of course a lot of people are talking/writing about it. even I have a post I'm working on about it. end of the world scenarios aways get a lot of attention.

and just for the record, I don't think the world will end or any great 'transition' will happen, no more so than any other end of the world date that has come and gone.

I know there is a lot of talk about transformation of us humans from one mind set to another and would that it be so because if we don't we will self destruct. but if our natures change so dramatically, will we still be humans?

Nancy said...

Natalie - I'm starting to pay attention to numbers, but I have to say my seeing 11s happened a few years ago, I don't see them as much anymore.

marie - I can't wait to see what you have come up with. I'm reading The Twelfth Insight right now and it goes right into Synchronicity.

Rob-bear - 13 is good :-) Maybe that is your cosmic prompt.

ellen - All good points. I think we all have our own thoughts about this time and what is, or is not, happening. I've never been one to jump on any bandwagon that had end of earth prophecy, and I don't think the world is ending in 2012. But I do believe something will change. But then, again, maybe that's because I've been studying for two years and its just in my thought processes.

Teresa said...

very interesting. i'm not "into" numerology but i did find this article interesting. i went and read the posts that you linked. definitely food for thought.

i believe my next grandchild will be born 11/11/11.

Deborah said...

Not being into numerology either, I'm not inclined to see a lot of significance in what Ellen referred to as a human imposition on the universe.
And I also think that once we're aware of something, we actively look for it. Some years ago it seemed to me that the number 88 was on a disproportionate number of licence plates. Since then I see them all the time - never fails that one will be in front of me every time I take the car out, but I'm pretty certain I have just programmed myself to notice that particular number.
Still, it's all very interesting, Nancy.

The Good Cook said...

Nancy, Jim died on the 11th. I hate 11's.