In relation to my newest learning curve, how the heart may actually have a mind of its own, I've learned a few things I thought I would pass along. But first let me say - I have been finding more and more references to the heart and how it will play a very different role in the future then it does now. Most of us see the heart as an organ, nothing more. It pumps blood throughout our system and keeps us alive - without it, we die. That is certainly true.
But for years we've heard stories of people with heart transplants having the memories of the donor through Cellular Memory. This theory postulates that the brain is not the only organ that stores memories or personality traits. In fact there are documented cases where transplant recipients awaken with mild personality changes, cravings, opinions, and tastes, that they didn't have before the surgery. One classic example of this is Claire Sylvia, who after a heart and lung transplant in the 1970's wrote the book A Change of Heart.
So if we entertain the idea that the heart may also be more than just an organ that pumps blood and keeps us alive, what else might that mean? Here are a few things to consider:
- A new discipline of neurocardiology has confirmed that the heart is a sensory organ, and can actually learn, remember, and make independent functional decisions that does not involve the cerebral cortex.
- Emotions that we once thought only originated in the brain are now known to be a product of both the brain and the body acting together.
- Feelings of appreciation are good for your heart.
- Our nervous system acts as an antenna and responds to the magnetic fields produced by the hearts of others.
- Data has shown that it is possible for the magnetic signals of the heart to influence the brain rhythms of others at conversational distances.
- We can learn techniques that can help us stabilize internally in order to be less vulnerable to being affected negatively by the fields coming from others.
- Your heart can synchronize with your loved one in your sleep.
So I will continue my study, but I hope I've piqued your interest. There are several websites out there that talk about this subject. My favorite so far, mostly because it is scientifically based, is the Institute of HeartMath, which had been referenced in other reading I've been doing lately. I bought their book on Transforming Anxiety for someone else, and I downloaded The Energetic Heart for myself. Most of the above information comes from that e-book. I would highly recommend it for anyone wanting to understand more about the heart and its effect on your overall health, and the health of others.
All of this reinforces my belief that we are so much more than we ever could have imagined. We only use 10% of our brains, so maybe the other 90% actually comes from our heart...